Visa Information

Visa Information for Travel to Canada

Visitors to the Canada must have a valid passport. Delegates to the Conference qualify as business visitors to Canada. Firstly, one should find out if one needs a visa to enter Canada.

Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA)
Visa exemptions are provided to citizens of many countries and territories such as Australia, Britain, France, Germany, Korea, Singapore, Switzerland, Taiwan, United States, etc. Starting March 15, 2016, visa-exempt foreign nationals except citizens of United States who fly to or transit through Canada will need an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA).

More details about eTA can be found here -

How to Obtain a Visa
citizens of a few other countries such as China, India, Philippines, South Africa, etc require a visa to enter Canada.

Complete information on how to apply for a VISA to enter Canada can be found on the

Attendees of a scientific conference should apply for a business visitor visa to Canada.

Request for Visa Support Letter

For security purposes, the conference has policy for issuing official Visa Support Letters as follows:

  • Visa Support Letters will be issued only after you have successfully registered and paid for your conference.
  • Visa Support Letters can only be issued for the person accepted to attend the conference. Unfortunately we cannot issue Visa Support Letters for guests of participants.

Visa Support Letters will be issued via email in PDF format. Please contact the Conference Manager at [email protected] to arrange for a Visa Support Letter. You must include:

  • Your name as appears on your passport
  • Your Date of Birth
  • Your Passport Number
  • Passport Date of Issue
  • Passport Date of Expiry
  • And, if you are an author of an accepted paper or poster, please provide the title.

Note: Obtaining a Visa Support Letter will not guarantee that your visa application will be approved. The letter is merely supplementary information that explains a visa applicant's intended purpose of travel to Canada.

Please note that this information is given in good faith but that the regulations may change and the only authoritative sources of information are the U.S. Government websites.